biopsy of nogel or complete removal
I had an MRI, mammogram and a ultrasound.  The radioologist recommended I have a biopsy.  My physician thought I should get a 2nd opinion from a surgeon who specializes in breasts. I am and will be going to the appt this week. My physician feels that it should be totally removed.  Any opinion on what I should do.  I have been diagnosed as Birad 4 with calcifications. I also have implants
thank you
A BIRAD 4 score (a rating system used by Radiologists)simply means that a suspicious area was found and a biopsy is needed to determine the nature of it. This doesn't mean that it is cancer or that it needs to be removed. There are several types of biopsies and the best type will no doubt be recommended by the Surgeon. Having an invasive surgical procedure unless absolutely necessary doesn't seem the best choice to me .... but this will depend on where the area is in relation to your implants and how best it can be accessed.   Regards ....