black areola
my dad's left areola is black. the right one looks fine. we tried to get him to go to the doctor but he wont. what could this be?
Not sure what this color change means,but I suggest that your father should see a physician.If other abnormalities such as a lump,skin dimpling,nipple retraction, (turning inward) redness or scaling of the nipple,nipple discharge are not present,then it could indicate an infection that can cause hyper pigmentation,or perhaps a circulatory problem.
Please encourage your father not to let it go too long without a professional medical opinion.
Best wishes to both you and your Dad.
Thank you so much for your response. I told him I was looking into this for him and when i told him this site put my ? right to the breast cancer page he sort of looked scared, I felt bad for him, but i think this might push him to go back to the Dr..Why are men so stubborn?...lol
Again Thank you, Judi
Hi Judi, you are more than welcome!
I am glad you are encouraging your dad to seek medical attention.Don't give up,with love and patience I am sure he will listen to you and do the right thing.Hopefully it's nothing serious,but only his doctor can confirm that.
Yes, men can be very stubborn indeed,but we women have a natural gift called "power of  persuasion " LOL...
Again wishing all best for your Dad .