Breast Cancer Community
black dots on nipple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

black dots on nipple

hi. it was 3 days that i have felt pain in my right breast.i found 3 black dots on my nipple . its like dried blood. i visited a GP and he told me that the pain is because of shingles but he hadn't any description for the dots. I'm 28 years old and have no child. can it be a sign of cancer?
Truly Shingles can cause a considerable amount of pain but this is also accompanied by a blistering of the skin; I hope you are being treated for Shingles if this is the diagnosis. As far as the dots on the nipple, I really have no idea unless you may have scratched the area enough to break the skin. If you think the dots might be dried blood then I would certainly wash the area and see if the dots disappear. I really don't see any connection to Breast Cancer unless you are experiencing nipple discharge that is definitely bloody. If this is the case then I suggest that you see a Breast Specialist. Regards ....
Thank you for answering my question. I am sure  it is not because of scratching. Also I think that it is not dried blood. It just looks like dried blood but it is like a part of skin which is not removed by washing. It is painful when I touch it.
This could be associated with the case of "Shingles" if it's the same area or breast. I would still suggest perhaps a Breast Specialist if this persists after the symptoms of the Shingles are gone. Just black dots on the nipple wouldn't indicate Breast Cancer unless there are other issues such as a lump beneath the nipple and/or bloody discharge from the nipple itself. Even without these symptoms if you are terribly concerned then a visit to a Breast Specialist would certainly be worth trying. Regards ..