black,grey, white and clear breast milk for 19 years
I had a son in 1989 that I breast fed for a shorth while, a coulpe of weeks begore i got an infection while doing so. I had to take medication so i stopped breast feeding. In 1992 iIhad a daughter,shortly before that i noticed that i still had breast milk and that it had turn black.It would come out on its on sometimes or when i was taking a warm shower or with me squeezing it in both breast.Once i had the second baby it turned back white. 3rd child in 1995 same thing. In the meantime Ive had it checked has far as one doctor taking a sample and sending it in ,not sure what it was checked for but iI was told everything looked  good. Ive asked several different doctors that ive visited for other reasons, if theyve ever heard of it and no one has.Now its 2008 and still having the problem.Has far as i know its stopped coming out on its on< but when i do squeeze it, it comes out clear, white black and grey out of a lot of holes.Im not in total fear and for many years i will forget about it, but I am concerned. After reading about similar problems, what do you think about 19 years of this happening

This discussion is related to Black/grey milk....
Hi there.

A condition that I can think of which may explain what you are experiencing is that of increased prolactin levels leading to galactorrhea.  Increased prolactin levels may in turn be secondary to a possible pituitary adenoma.  You can have yourself tested for this disease entity by first measuring serum prolactin levels.

Another possibility is that this can be a chronic ongoing infection inside the breat tissues which may be due to some atypical or unusual bacteria (such as mycobacteria).  

I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your doctors and have yourself worked up if necessary.

Regards.