bleeding from breast
hi, my mother recently had bleeding from her breast. she is 50yrs old .is it a symptom of breast cancer or it it is due to some infection ? kindly advice

I am assuming that you are talking about bleeding from the nipple. Is that correct?

A nipple discharge is significant and needs to be investigated further if it -
- is persistent,
- comes out without squeezing the breasts or any stimulation,
- is bloody or foul smelling or altered,
- is associated with a lump, nipple or skin changes etc.

Has she noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like a breast lump, nipple discharge , skin changes etc?

You could consult her doctor for a clinical breast examination to clear out any doubts .

Do let us know if you have any more doubts and keep us posted on how she is doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
At 43 I had a oozing bloody/milky almost rusty colored  discharge and was diagnosed with dcis (stage 0 breast cancer). Last year at 46 I had a bloody red discharge from the other nipple which truned out to be  a fibroadema ( a small benign growth). Your mom should get a  biospy and  that will be able to confirm what it is.  Best of luck to her.                

How is your mother doing now?

Post us about any doubts and what her doctor advises.

Regards.