blood discharge
i am going menopause i am 47years old and i just had a normal period after one year. I squeeze my left breast a blood came out but before a brown discharge would come out.  I had an ultrasound done about two weeks before and it show that every thing is ok. My breast also hurts alot but their are not tender or red. can you give me some insight in this
Many women have some type of discharge when the nipples are squeezed and the discharge could be many colors,like white, yellow, brown etc..and this is normal.However,you should stop squeezing the nipple because when you do that,you are actually making the discharge continue.The time to worry about nipple discharge is when it’s bloody and spontaneous (comes out by itself without squeezing)
Bloody discharge from the nipple can be associated with many different conditions.Most often it could be an intraductal papilloma which is a noncancerous tumor,
Also,the bleeding can happen from inflammation in the ducts, reaction to drugs, dilatation of the mammary ducts(duct ectasia), and less commonly a cancerous tumor.
So, please see your physician for an evaluation.The bloody discharge should be examined under the microscope (called cytological examination) for a diagnosis. Cytology is definitely recommended when the discharge from the nipple is bloody.
Hormonal imbalance could be the cause of the pain you are experiencing in your breasts.
Best wishes...