blood pressure reading with lymph node removal on both arms
I have had lumpectomies on both breasts 14 years apart. The first on I had 23 lymph nodes removed. The second one 2 years ago I had 4 lymph nodes removed. Since then I have had blood pressure readings taken on my calf or thigh and the readings are always high ( today 160/100) . Before my last surgery my blood pressure was always normal. The doctor isn't sure if my high readings are due to the blood pressure readings  being taken on my leg. Do you think I could have reading taken on my arm that had only 4 nodes removed, without getting lymphedema? It really scares me but the thought of maybe having high blood pressure and possible having a stroke or heart attack does too. What should I do? thanks for any information you can suggest
I won't recommend that you do or you don't but I will tell you of my recent experience. I had a tendon repair in my left hand (the operative side where nodes were removed) and discussed this with the hand Surgeon. During the surgery (about 45 min.) it was necessary to have a tourniquet on that arm at a much higher pressure than when taking B/P. He assured me that there was really no evidence that this would cause a lymphedema problem. I did have a moderate to mild Lymphedema shortly after my breast surgery treated successfully by P.T. All went well and I have had no problem due to the 45 min. tourniquet being applied. On occasion I have had B/P taken in that arm with no adverse effects. The cuff isn't left inflated for more than a few seconds so I really don't think it would cause a problem.
Thank you so much for your response. It makes me feel so much better about having my  blood pressure taken on that arm.I will post the results when I have it.
Take care, Sherri