Breast Cancer Community
bloody breast cyst fluid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

bloody breast cyst fluid

I have had my right breast cyst aspirated several times.  The first couple times the fluid was green and the next time, it was brown.  It was pretty disgusting, but my doctor was not concerned at all.  She didn't even send that fluid to the lab.  However, I just had the same cyst aspirated today and it was a dark bloody color.  I watched the cyst disappear on the screen but by reading information about it, I am concerned because the fluid is so different in color this time.  The radiologist wasn't concerned but he is sending it to a lab.

This discussion is related to Bloody cyst.
Tags: cysts
Hi there.

Cyst fluids can really have different consistencies or color especially if this have been aspirated for several times.  Aspiration may disrupt the usual blood supply of these cysts and can indeed cause some bleeding.  Sometimes, infection can set in giving a pus like or green color to the fluid.

Cysts re-accumulate fluid as long as the capsule remains.  So I would suggest that you discuss with your doctors regarding a possible minor surgical operation to remove the entire cyst along with the capsule to prevent future re-accumulation of fluid, and hence prevent further aspirations.

Regards.
Thanks for your response.  I am very concerned but this has eased my mind a bit.
It is good to know that bloody fluid does not necessarily mean anything negative.
Thank You!!