Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breast abscess

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

breast abscess
About three months ago, I had a breast abscess aspirated and was given antibiotics.It seemed like it started in a cyst. Now the other breast has the same thing starting. Is this unusual for this problem to appear bilaterally? I believe this is also in an area where I had a cyst. Because pus was drained from the previous abscess, can I be sure we are dealing with infection and not IBC? I am 51 years old and perimenopausal. Thank you so much.
Dear bridg12,  Until the problem is assessed (physical examination etc.) it is impossible to say for sure what you are dealing with.  It is best to have this new situation evaluated by your doctor.