breast biopsy
A RADIOLOGIST TOLD ME IN MAY 2012 THAT I HAD A SMALL CLUSTER (MICROCALIFICATION) AND NEEDED A BIOPSY.  SAW SURGEON, WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE STEROTACTIC BIOPSY.  COULDN'T GET A GOOD PIC OF CLUSTER (IT IS CLOSE TO RIBS) SO WASN'T ABLE TO GET IT DONE. NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT ROUTE TO GO.  MAYBE HAVE ANOTHER MAMMO NEXT YR.? WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST?
More important, what did the surgeon recommend that you do next?

S/he, who has access to all of your test results and knows exactly what's involved in your specific case, would be in the best position to advise you, whereas someone over the Internet would really have nothing to go by...

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly
HE WANTED TO DO A SURGICAL BIOPSY.  IT IS SMALL, SO I WANTED TO WAIT AT LEAST 6 MOS. TO DO ANOTHER MAMMOGRAM.  I AM THINKING ABOUT GOING TO ANOTHER DR. AT A LARGER HOSPITAL--A WOMEN'S HEALTH CENTER.  NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.
Hi again,

Since the radiologist saw something suspicious enough to recommend a biopsy, and the surgeon also wants to do an excision biopsy, I think you would do well to accept their recommendations.

The whole purpose of screening is early detection, so that abnormalities can be investigated and if something of concern is identified, it can be treated at the earliest opportunity. Waiting a year, or 6 months, for another mammogram could be an unfortunate delay if there is something serious there. And if it turns out to be benign, you will have peace of mind, instead of a nagging concern for 6 months or a year.

But if you are still in doubt about the recommendations of both doctors, you should certainly obtain another opinion.

Best wishes,
bb
THANKS.  I THINK I WILL HAVE ANOTHER MAMMO IN OCTOBER AT ANOTHER FACILITY.
You are entirely welcome.

Please keep us posted on your situation, okay?

Wishing you all the best,
bb
THANKS AGAIN.  I WILL DO THAT.