Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breast bruise

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

breast bruise
i have recently discovered a bruise on my left breast i discovered 3 days ago its now yellow round the outside and purple in the middle, seems to be getting worse. i havent hitit that im aware of
Dear bubbles22:  A bruise (or hematoma) is caused by bleeding under the skin.  The most common cause of bruising is trauma (either bumping it or surgery etc).  It is not uncommon to have a bruise form and not remember the trauma.  It is common for a bruise to change colors during the process of healing.  Yellow to purple.  If this does not improve over the next week you could check with your doctor.

Is there a lump under the bruise? My bruise went frompurple to yellow.
A related discussion, Breast bruise was started.
A related discussion, had a bruise on side of breast which has now gone but left a lump anybody help was started.