Breast Cancer Community
breast cancer lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breast cancer lump

daugher is 44,found hard pea size lump,had mamagram&ultra sound..was told not to worry..She has no health
ins..Our family history of 7members including me with breast cancer.It has been 9months since discovered and she
says it has grown..Went to a doctor in Ok. and she advised her to have it removed because of our history..She
did have a needle biospy and no fluid..I am so concerned..Were can she go to have this biospy with no ins???.
1 Comment
A needle biopsy isn't done just to sample for fluid. Some cells are usually obtained and sent to the Pathology Lab where they are studied under the microscope. A report should be forthcoming.
If she has had the testing you mention and the needle biopsy without insurance it seems that she could have any other treatments or tests at the same location. Another biopsy wouldn't be necessary unless it was recommended by her Physician. I'm not sure where you are now but I suggest that your Daughter make an appointment with a Breast Specialist / Surgeon and have them review all the tests that were done and then proceed with whatever is advised. Insurance isn't required to obtain health care .. you can always make arrangements to actually pay for the services.  Regards .....