Breast Cancer Community
breast cancer with mets to brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breast cancer with mets to brain

My sister had breast cancer 10 years ago and was in remission for 8 years and it returned in the sterum.  She had many treatments of chemo and radiation and then it was discovered a month ago in the brain.  The tumors were removed and the oncologist says that there is a spot in the middle of the brain and she needs radiation.  Treatment is going to start soon.  What can we expect?  What is the prognosis, is the radiation going to make her confused, any loss of memory, hallusinate, etc?  Is is your practice to put a person like my sister on a seizure medication?  Please help?

honeybun193
1 Comment
It might be a good idea to post your questions in the part of this forum where the breast nurse answers. This part of the forum is only answered by the public. It could be that someone who has had experience of brain mets may come along to help you.
Liz.
A related discussion, sternum lump was started.