Breast Cancer Community
breast cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breast cancer

can you please explain in layman's terms; tumor type Invasive ductal carcinoma, NOS
Combined Nottingham histologic grade: Tubular grade 1, Nuclear grade 2, Mitotic grade 2 Overall histologic grade: grade 1 (well-differentiated) tumor size 1.9 x 1.7 x 1.5 All margins are free of tumor involvement. However, rare foci of micrometastasis are identified in one deeper level section as well as in the immunohistological study stains with cytokeratin AE1. Estrogen receptor pos/ progesterone receptor pos/ her-2/neu negative  Finished 4 chemo sessions with taxol plus cytoxin. Is this enough of adjuvant therapy. Thank you.

You have a type of breast cancer - invasive ductal carcinoma - which is hormone receptor positive - a good sign and also that hormonal treatment would help in your case.

The margins are clear - that s cancer free- another good sign.

Grade 1 - well differentiated - resemblance to surrounding normal tissue - good prognosis.

Micrometastasis -spread to other sites in surrounding tissue - small lesions- bad prognosis.

About whether the adjuvant therapy is good enough - it would be best to discuss this with your breast specialist and oncologist.

Let us know if you have any more doubts and also post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
I am 49 and in excellent health. In Jan I had a 1.8 stage 1 invasive ductal carcinoma removed from by left breast.  They got clear margins and there was no lymph nodes involvement.  It's a grade 3 and is hormone positive. I had a recurrance scale number of 25 so I had a choice of tamoxafin or chemo.  I chose chemo cause there is a slightly higher no reoccurance chance.  The mixture is I think the same as yours taxotere and cytoxan - 4 times - 3 weeks in between each and then the radiation and tamox after - What did you experience with that recipe?  I start this week?  What can I expect?
My first time with chemo was uneventful except for rosy cheeks. As time goes on it does get easier and sometimes you feel lucky that your case isn't as bad as others. But why are you receiving radiation. I had one node positive and my oncologist says no. Just want you to know that the anti-nausea meds are great. Get some rest because you might feel bone pain and mouth sores. Just remember to use the biotene toothpaste and floss your teeth. That will help a lot. Good luck and God Bless, Kelly49