Breast Cancer Community
breast cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breast cancer

I was diagnosed with infiltrating ductal carcinoma,grade 3/3, 0.9 cm, pT1b, pN0 (sn i-), pMx  Positive for Angiolymphatic Invasion, focal Ductal carcinoma in Situ, 1.0 cm, high-grade.  This was my pathology report.  What does some of these things mean?  Do you think this means chemo?  My surgeon said it probably would but am still waiting for myappointment with the oncologist. My lumpectomy surgery was on Feb 26/09.  Thanks for your help and suggestions.  Judi                          

This discussion is related to chemo or not.
Hi Judi,

I'm sorry for your new diagnosis.  Definitely have been there.  I'm not really good at interpreting the pathology (nor medically qualified!).  When are you seeing your oncologist?  That will be an important appointment that helps you see what your entire plan will be.  That decreases anxiety sooo much.  I guess my help and suggestion for you would be take one step at a time.  Don't obsess over the details of the path report. The significance of the details will be made clear at your appointment.  In the meantime, the waiting is hard!  If you go to my profile page, in my description I talk about a book that helped me so much during this time.  In my sleepy state right now, I'm doing my best coming up with the title -- I think it's "The Seven Spiritual Gifts of Waiting".  It does have a Christian basis, it is not "heavy" religious at all, in my opinion.  It was tremendously comforting at such a whirlwind of a confusing time.  

Please let me know how you do.  I'd really like to hear from you.

Warmly,

Chris
Healingwell62
Breast Cancer 1 & 2 Community Leader
To Chris - Thanks for your encouraging words.  I will try and get the book you recommended.  My appointment with the oncologist is to be about 4-6 weeks after surgery.  It is now 3 1/2 weeks since my surgery so I am waiting for the call.  It sure is hard to wait.  I just found this site yesterday so I am learning more about it.  Thanks Judi0125