Breast Cancer Community
breast cyst and its relation to food

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breast cyst and its relation to food

i want to  know if breast cyst related in any way to food we eat  ..i read in one site that drinking tea may has relation in developing cyst ..howmuch thats right ???
Avatar n tn
That is every interesting, I would like to know, anyone have any information?
Hi, I know that caffeine that is found in tea,coffee,cocoa,chocolate and soda can cause cysts to develop.I heard that even decaffeinated drinks are not so safe.Hope someone else can give you more info about how much caffeine is really safe to eat or drink daily. All the best to you.
It's not the caffeine itself but it changes the acid/base balance in the body which prompts the production of Estrogen to increase. It's the increased Estrogen that results in the formation of the cysts ... Fibrocystic Breast Condition. Other Estrogen rich foods can also have some effect ... fats, meats. It's complicated, isn't it ??   Regards .....