breast hamatoma
I had a lumpectomy in early March.  Ever since I have a large hematoma beside the scar.  The scar has completely
healed and I have no pain.  After an ultrasound in late April the surgeon told it would absorb back into the body in 3-4
months but is now 9 months and it is still there.  I have to see the surgeon again shortly.  Should it take this long for
the hematoma to dissolve.  Would surgery be done to remove if it does not resolve within a time span.  Can it be left alone if it doesnt resolve.  It isnt bothering me in the slightest and I dont want surgery unless completely necessary.
Hematomas can take a considerable amount of time to re-absorb. Usually after the initial advice immediately after surgery (ice pack), warm compresses are recommended to aid in the absorption. I would doubt surgical removal unless the hematoma has become a real problem.  Regards ...