Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breast itchiness

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

breast itchiness
For a few weeks now, my right breast area has been very itchy. I don't have a rash, don't have a lump that I can find, and I don't have any allergies. My nipple area and right hand side of my best is very itchy and i havent got a clue as to why.any ideas?
Dear tastytootsie:  There are multiple possible explanations for itchy skin.  The skin on your breast is just like the skin anywhere else and is subject to a multitude of skin problems.  If the breast is not swollen, red, hot to touch, and there is no sore, or scaling of the skin and there is no lump, it may be more likely to be some kind of allergy or dermatitis, although without an examination, it is impossible for us to speculate.  Have you recently changed detergents, soap, fabric softener, for example?  If this persists or you are concerned, you might consider having it checked by your doctor, who can make recommendations based on an examination.
sometimes bras can cause this especially if there is a seam that runs thru the center........