Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breast itching, peeling, etc.

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

breast itching, peeling, etc.

for the past week, my breasts have been itching like crazy and theyre starting to peel, and i dont know what it is caused from. its worryingme. can someone help? :S
Dear ladygirl:  Skin on the breast is like skin anywhere else and is subject to a variety of abnormalities.  Sometimes, changing soap or detergent or new undergarments can cause such a reaction.  If you are concerned, you should have your doctor evaluate it for you.
After a mastectomy I read that while undergoing expansion that I should use cocoa butter on my "breasts"....when I went to the drug store they had the STRETCHMARK version along side plain old cocoa butter.  I figured if it worked for a stretching pregnant belly ..it should work for my new stretching boobs.  Well...long story short..IT DID NOT!  I used it twice and sit here tonight with a HUGE red itchy blistery rash all over my chest!  Skin on your chest/breast is just as suspectible to allergic reactions as anywhere else.  So, if I was you I'd try to think back 2-5 days and see if you used anything new during that period before you started itching...that will usually pinpoint the culprit!  Good luck.
A related discussion, Itching was started.