Breast Cancer Community
breast leaking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breast leaking

have had also had breast leaking blood and brown discharge... had a mamagram and scan come back ive got 3 cyst in my breast... could be the cause of 1 ofthe cysts leaking... also had a realy bad leak nearly coverd all my breast but havent had any leakage since ive been on an had my my pre opp and waiting for my appointment to come down from day procceder but now  am thinking of not having it done... does any 1 have any advise for me..... also ive been waiting for my appointment since 5th april.. how long do i have 2 waite for
It's not quite clear to me what kind of appointment you are waiting for since you state that you had a Mammogram and Ultrasound. It does take a considerable amount of time to get an appointment with a Surgeon if that's what you are talking about. I certainly would NOT even think about not keeping the appointment when you do get it. Bleeding from the breast should always be investigated until the cause is found as it can be an indication of something serious but can always be treated.  Regards ...
I would get the cysts removed.  If you leave them they can grow and be harder to take out plus with the leaking that can cause infection.  Cysts can cover other problems up too like if there is a small nodule behind them that can't easily be seen on a mammogram.  Best to get them taken care of. I'm not sure why you have a wait might have to be approved by insurance or something but I would call the dr Monday to find out what is happening.
thank you for your posts... sorry i forgot 2 say that am waiting 2 have surgery, removel (removal) of nipple ducts, etc ending up with no nipple and no feeling in right lower breast( which am not botherd). why i am so anxious to get it done because i start my new job  in a few wks and thought i would of had the opperation by now... have phoned the hospital and there are phoneing me back to see when my appointment is... thanks