breast lump has gotten bigger
i have an appointment to have a lump in my breast looked at on Thursday.  i have had it for awhile & noticed that it has gotten much bigger over the months. can you tell me what i should expect done & if i should request a certain test over another for accuracy.  i'm 38 & in great health. thx!
The doctor you are consulting on Thursday, after performing a physical examination, would be in the be position to advise what tests are needed.

Best wishes...
p.s. That should have read. "would be in the best position"
so my doctor scheduled a mammogram & an ultrasound to determine what exactly my breast lump was.  i was lucky enough to have both done this morning & even more lucky to be given the results before i left the hospital.  

i was told i have cluster of cysts & was advised to see a breast specialist to either have them drained or removed. my doctor won't get the results for another 2 days so i guess i'll wait to see who she suggests i see & do.

the mammo wasn't as bad as what i thought it'd be - everyone makes it out to be very painful but to me it was just a little uncomfortable. i guess now i have nothing to fear when i turn the big 4-0!
Thanks so much for returning to update us.

And congratulations on your benign results!

Enjoy your next 40 years! :-)
i had my lump removed 3 days ago.  i'm a little sore & tender but over all doin well.  i find out the results on friday.  i'm very positive that all will be good & this will just have been a life lesson for myself & to encourage others to check ur boobies :o)  
Glad to hear you are doing well after your lumpectomy.  

Best wishes for Friday!

bluebutterfly