Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breast lump while breastfeeding

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

breast lump while breastfeeding
I recently discovered a lump in my left breast about 3 wks ago. It isn't very sore and is movable. I had a baby 2 1/2 months ago and don't know if it has something to do with breastfeeding. I never had anything like this when I was nursing my other daughter. It feels round and very movable. Any advise would be wonderful. Thank you.
Dear courtstep:  Lumps can be many things.  However, if this is new to you, it needs to be evaluated.  Your ob/gyn would be a good person to take a look at this for you.
any new lump which persists needs to be evaluated directly. Given your nursing status, and the description, it's highly unlikely to be dangerous. But the only way to get a meaningful evaluation is in person.
I too noticed a small lump in the lower outer portion of my left breast while breastfeeding.  Thinking it was related to nursing I had treated it as a possible mastitis developing until I realized it was not going away.  Upon seeing my OBGYN, I was referred to a breast specialist.  I have since then, three months from my inital finding of this lump, have been diagnosed with a malignant phyllodes tumor.  Please monitor yourself carefully and don't take anything for granted.  Good Luck!
A related discussion, breast lump found size of grape was started.
A related discussion, knowing about lump while breast feeding was started.
A related discussion, knowing about breastl ump while breastfeeding was started.
A related discussion, breastfeeding with cyst was started.