Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breast lump

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

breast lump
I was taking a shower and discovered a lump under the cease of my left breast, where the bra band is. How far down does the breast tissue go?  I'm 49yrs. old with a hysterectomy, on 3mg of premarin. Had a biopsy in February this yr. of the right breast, where a solid mass was found by mammagram, it was benign. Should I be concern about this?
Dear kj4994:  The general rule of thumb when a new lump is discovered, is that it needs evaluation.  You should have your doctor perform an examination and he/she can determine whether any further investigation is needed.  
I would certainly have this checked out. A clinical breast exam by your Physician would be a good place to start. Nothing that is new or abnormal should be ignored.
Thank you for your comment, I think I was hoping the lump would disappear it hasn't yet. I've made an appointment for next Monday morning, will let you know how things go.