Breast Cancer Community
breast lumps and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breast lumps and pain

Hi, I am 23 years old. I recently visit my doctor due to pain in my left breast. Doctor found two lumps in my right and one in my left breast. He recommended to have a  bilateral ultra sound done. In the paper he note down "breast mass". As indicated I did, however the radiologist didn't seem to quite know what she was doing. She asked me to indicate where my lumps were.  Im not sure if she did the right job because I was not quite sure if indicated in the right place. When I got my results they said everything was normal. But I continue to have discomfort in both breast but more in my left one. I have sharp pains daily. Today this morning I squeezed my left breast  and discharge a clear liquid. It was not a lot enough to see that liquid was coming out. I'm scare. I don't know what to do.
Since you have been to your Dr. and also had the Ultrasound done I don't think you should be scared. The person who did the ultrasound was a technician and not a Radiologist; it is routine to ask the pt. to point out the areas of concern but the test is done involving the entire breast so I'm confident that nothing was missed. The report by the Radiologist will be sent to your Dr. and you should contact his/her office and ask for a detailed explanation. Fibrocystic Breast Condition affects about 50% of all women .... the symptoms you describe sound very much like this condition. Cysts or masses appear in the breasts and are related to the hormone levels in your body ... the pain can come and go in relation to your menstrual cycle. Breast discharge is not unusual, especially after stimulation (squeezing the breast) and the color may vary a great deal from clear, milky, yellow, green or even black. So, what you should do first is get an explanation of your Ultrasound test from your Dr. If this is a Fibrocystic condition he/she may have some suggestions that will help you. Regards ..
Please read only the first / or last post .... don't know what happened but the same thing posted
x 4 .... Hooray for the electronic age !!!