Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breast pain

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

breast pain

I have been having pain in my right breast - somethings it's a sharp shooting pain and other times it's a dull constant pain.  I don't have it everyday, just once in a while.  It has been going on for about a year.  I do self breast examinations every month and found no lumps.  I'm 41 years old and have 2 kids (a 4 1/2 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old).  I breastfed my youngest for a year.  I went for a mammogram and it came back normal (thank god).  The doctor there told me it was normal to have pain - that some women have pain and it means nothing is wrong.  Is that true????
  • Breast pain (1 replies):
    Hello, I have a had a pain in my left breast for a few d...[more]
  • breast pain (1 replies):
    I am 38 years old have perform self breast exams monthly...[more]
  • Sore Breast (1 replies):
    My 15 year old daughter's left breast is swollen, enlarg...[more]
  • breast pain (1 replies):
    i had breast cancer back in 2001. I just got off Tamoxi...[more]
  • am i ok (1 replies):
    I have been having breast pain under and on the side of ...[more]
Dear nani2boots1:  Intermittent breast pain is very common and often varies with one’s menstrual cycle.  Most breast cancer is not painful.  If you are concerned, you may want to see a medical breast specialist (often affiliated with large academic medical centers) who can evaluation and make recommendations for further evaluation and treatment, if appropriate.
yes, that's true of some friends of mine.  but if you're worried, get a second opinion, it can't hurt.
Avatar n tn
I have pain in my right breast as well.  Also have weight loss.  Ultrasound didn't show anything.  I am  concerned.  I have had this pain for 9 months.  I am staying proactive