breast pain
I started having breast pain on the left side while nursing my second child.My breast seemed to not be expressing the milk well--just one or two streams.  I did all the treatments for clogged milk ducts/mastitis, but nothing really helped.  The pain would come and go, but my breast never expressed like it had with my first baby.  My left breast became noticably larger than my right.  I thought the pain and swelling would go away after I stopped nursing/pumping.  Six weeks after I stopped nursing and pumping, I was still having pain.  I went to the doctor's thinking I might have that kind of breast cancer that doesn't get a lump.  I had an ultrasound and nothing was found.  The pain did eventually subside, but my size has stayed uneven=(.  It is two years later and we have started trying for another baby, the other day my left breast had the same sort of pain again.  I've had the pain for a few days now.  What could this be?  Could I still have clogged milk ducts from 2006?  Why the swelling that never fully went away?

You could be having mastitis or breast engorgement secondary to the clogged milk ducts.

Galactocele or a milk cyst (clogged milk duct) is usually associated with childbirth, in both breast feeding and non-breast feeding mothers. It is a benign condition and self limiting. No medical intervention is usually required. Just maintain a clean hygiene to prevent any super added infection.

Frequent breast feeding, different positions to help drain the milk from the breasts are recommended. You could try breast massage, milking the breast, warm compresses and wear lose clothes. These should help.

If the pain still persists you need to consult your physician to rule out other causes like super added infection etc.

If your symptoms still persist, you should review with your breast specialist to rule out the complications of clogged milk ducts including breast engorgement and mastitis.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
She said it's been 2 years.  What exactly, would you say self limiting means?

The reason its been so long make it essential to rule out breast engorgement after a clinical examination by a breast specialist.

Self limiting is generally a lesion or disease process that resolves in days to weeks.

Regards.
MY WIFE IS HAVING PROBLEM OVER HER LEFT BRAEST. BREAST BECAME HARD WITH PAIN & BY PRESSING OF THE LEFT BREAST CONDENSED WHITE PALE MILK LIKE MATERIL COMING OUT.YESTERDAY SHE WAS HAVING FEAVER BUT AFTER TAKING OUT PALE WHITE MATERIAL FROM HER BREAST SHE BECAME NORMAL FROM HIGH FEAVER.

PL ADVICE ANY TREATMENT OR MEDACINE.