breast problems in teen
I am sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I didn't know where else.

My daughter is 15. She started having stabbing pain in her right breast six days ago (Thursday) and discovered a lump.  Two days later (Saturday), she had quite a bit of blood coming from her nipple.  It was not milky, but red, but it did have an odor to it. She was told that it was an infection and was told to stay on the antibiotics that she was already taking for an ear infection. the bleeding went on for another day and 1/2.  
On Monday evening, she started vomiting and did so all night until about midnight. She has since complained of chills, and body aches. She had a sonogram this morning and they said that they saw no lump, or cyst.  She said that she still feels it, but it feels smaller. This is all only in the right breast.

The dr said that her white counts are normal.
She insists that she is not sexually active, so there is no way that she is pregnant.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?  Is there any thing else I can check for?

Thank you so much.
Hi there.

I understand your concern. The bloody discharge on the breast with pain can be due to an infection indeed.  The chills and vomiting can be a side effect of the antibiotics.  Other causes of bloody nipple discharge, especially if the mammogram and the ultrasound are normal is breast papilloma.  This is a benign condition but can cause significant bleeding.  I'm also concerned about the ear infection if it has already healed.  Persistent ear infections if not properly treated can cause extensions in the deeper parts of the ear and can likewise cause these symptoms of vomiting and chills.  I suggest you discuss all of these possibilities with her physician.  Regards and God bless.