breast question
For the past couple of year, pieces of my nipple (some are light and dark brown) keep drying up, fall off, and returning. Nipples look like they are scaling. I only get an uncomfortable pain when they are about to fall off and a burning feeling after they have fallen. I have seen a small amount of discharge once. I went and saw a general surgeon who sent to me to go get an ultrasound because he felt a lump. The surgeon said the ultrasound came back normal but couldn't explain to me why my nipples are doing this and now he would like to do a biopsy to confirm that I don't have cancer. Has anyone had this or do you have any advice before I have the biopsy.
I think you are wise to follow the advice and have the upcoming biopsy. If you have doubts then I would advise you to see a Breast Specialist but by all means go ahead with the biopsy as this will give you a definite answer regarding the cancer issue. I am a bit puzzled as to why you have waited a couple of years to investigate the nipple issue. IF you don't get the answers you need to make you comfortable then I stand by my advice to see a Breast Specialist. Regards ....
Thank you very much for your advise.
As to why i waited a couple of years .It is because i had a baby before this started happening and the doctors always thought it was normal because i did not breast feed.He thought is was milk ducts drying up.I asked him mant times and he keep saying it was normal until recently that is when he said that it is bad and started to worry.
You know the issue with the nipples may not be related in any way to the lump that the Dr. discovered. Please return and let us know when you get the results of your biopsy. I'm anxious to hear and also if any answer is given regarding the flaking of the nipples. If this involves both breasts it would be very unusual for it to be cancer related.  Take care ....