Breast Cancer Community
breastfeeding armpit lymph node

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

breastfeeding armpit lymph node

I have been breastfeeding and over three months ago I discovered a swollen lump under my armpit.  Ultrasound showed it was a lymph node surrounded with buildup fluid.  It was painless and now starting to get some numbing in arm and pain while lifting arm.  I believe it is due to the fluid buildup.  Could this be cause by breastfeeding.  The lymph node has been there over three months but it seems that the fluid buildup is actually causing pain now.  Is this common in breastfeeding?   If I had an infection, would have it cleared by now.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
what did the doc say to you following ultrasound? it could just be an infection which are quite common in breastfeeding. have u been on antibiotics? id go back to the docs and say its still a problem.