breat lump
hello
I am 18 years old and last month I felt a lump inside my left breast.my left breast is a little bigger then my right. after my periods it was not felt but just a week ago I felt it again. it is movable and for a past few weeks ive been feeling pain in both of my breasts that goes kind of into my arm pits. the sides of the breasts hurts and all around the nipple area. please help me im really scared.
Lumps in teenagers are so common that almost every woman will have some during her lifetime.
Breast cysts or fibroadenoma(both benign lumps) can appear at any age, in teenagers as well as in older women.These lumps are related to the increasing hormonal fluctuations and the pain is particularly felt prior to the menstrual cycle and subside after the menses finish.When cysts are very large and painful,they can be aspirated by a fine needle,but cysts could also recur.
Avoiding caffeine, (Coffee,chocolate and colas) salty food and fatty food can lessen the pain considerably.
Unfortunately there isn't much one can do about these cysts,many young women have this problem and you shouldn't be worried it,because breast cancer is almost never painful.
It's important to do your self breast exam each month though, one week after your period has started to check for any lumps that grows or persists.Also to see your doctor regularly for a clinical  breast exam would be advisable.
Take care and best wishes...
thank you so much but how long do the lumps stay because mine is still there.

Hi again Madiha,
Approximately 50% of women who experience breast cysts report that they go away on their own after a few months..If the cyst persists and becomes too enlarged or causes you pain,your doctor can aspirate it and no further treatment will be required.
If you have a fiboadenoma,about 10% of these solid benign lumps could disappear over time, and twenty percent of them will recur.These lumps are also left alone but could be surgically removed if they cause pain or enlarge too much.
As you well know, every lump detected in the breast should be evaluated by a medical professional .An Ultrasound could be ordered to make sure that the lump in your breast is for sure a cyst or a fibroadenoma.
So please,see your doctor for a medical breast exam if the lump persists when your period is over okay?You have got nothing to lose,but only gain peace of mind.
Best wishes to you and God Bless.