brown aspirate
I had a mamogram which revealed 'distortions' in the left breast.  An ultrasound showed a 'cyst' behind the left nipple at 12:00. , which was aspirated.  The aspirate was brown / possibly bloody, and sent off for cytology. What does brown aspirate indicate?  I am taking Activella 1.0 / 0.5  HRT. Occasionally a multivitamin, Ibuprofen.  

This discussion is related to Complex Cysts -- Doc  Says Wait 6 Months - Worried.
Cystic aspirate can be most any color and there isn't any way to tell anymore until you receive the cytology report. If the mass or lump reduced in size after the aspiration then it was definitely a cyst ... they can refill though. I find it odd that you are on HRT as this is not used very often since it was proven that to be related to so many cases of Breast Cancer. Please follow any further recommendations that are made to track any changes that might occur.   Regards ....