Breast Cancer Community
brown spots under breast
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

brown spots under breast

After givingbirth in Feburary I notice some brown spots under my breast, they went away but they have appear again in higer quantity under both breast. i am really concerned about this, can say what it maybe?

This discussion is related to Brown spots on breast.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
Hi.

These brown spots can be aggregation of melanin producing cells, or can be blood collection underneath the skin of the breast (hematomas).  These two can be both related to hormonal changes in a woman's body.  With this in mind, you may observe cyclic waxing and waning of these lesions throughout the month.

Other causes would include irritation of the skin from sweat or microscopic dirt that can collect under the breast and the solution can be as simple as keeping the area dry.

If these lesions increase in amount or size, or is associated with other symptoms such as nipple discharge or breast lumps, then it is best to have this evaluated by your doctor.

Regards.
Blank
I have a few brown spots on the high on the left breast (is not near the aureola).  It looks as if I was burned or something but I havent.  I've been having pain on both breasts like a sharp pain that comes back and forward.  I'm a little worried.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank