Breast Cancer Community
bumps around nipples of breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

bumps around nipples of breast

dear person helping

im 14  years old and i have these pimple small sized bumps around the nipple part of my breast.
i never ever been haveing sex im a version of course also ive been haveing checkups nothings wrong with me but im concerned about it the a dark and always hurting my nipples if i press  on it i havent had a monthly yet also so wats the cause

This discussion is related to Breast lumps.
Are these bumps pus filled or white heads and do they cause any itching?  If not, they could just be Montgomery glands which produce a sort of lubrication for women during breast feeding.  Given your age, yours could be sore due to development.  If they are really bothering you, you should probably see your doctor or at least talk to your mom and see what she recommends.
This is a normal part of development .... these little bumps you describe are perfectly normal and you should not be worried about them. I would advise you NOT to press on or squeeze your nipples; this will only irritate them. I think it would be wise for you to have your Mother take you to your Dr. and he/she could explain some of the changes that will be taking place .... hormonal changes are quite normal for young women in your age group.    Take care .....
I also have a small white lump on my right nipple and i only noticed it today. I too am 14 yrs old and my first thought was "OMG I HAVE BREAST CANCER," so i looked it up, and after reading this i am alot less concerned. THANKYOU! I also realized that if i rubbed the area near it, it hurt, almost like burning. is this wrong??
First I would like to recommend that if you have a question in the future that you post it rather than making it a comment to someone else's post. We don't usually go back and read other's comments and yours might be missed. Now to your question... the bumps we spoke of to the other person are all around the outer edge of the areola and not on the nipple itself. I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as breast cancer is concerned but I do think that if this "bump" is on the nipple itself you might see your Dr. so he/she can examine this. I also wouldn't be squeezing it or rubbing it as this will only irritate the area.   Regards ...