Breast Cancer Community
burning and stinging nipples on males
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning and stinging nipples on males

hi- i also have the burning and stinging nipples and it usualy happen when i sweat and my shirt gets wet and it doesnt take much and it starts to ache. my nipples do not bleed but while they are hurting the tips of the nipples turn an off white color and when the pain goes away the nipple goes back to the pink color. today i had an appointment with my doc and this was the 1st time my nipples hurt when i was going to a doctors appointment and she had no idea but said she will look into it for me.
thanks steve
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
It sounds like it's associated with your sweating; could be just irritation type reaction. I do find that's a strange answer you got from your Dr. though. If this continues and you don't get a satisfactory answer from your regular Dr. then I suggest that you consider seeing a Dermatologist. You might try some type of over the counter ointment on the area as a sort of protection from the persperation. Something like what is used for babies to protect their skin from wetness ... A & D ointment or something similar. Worth a try and it couldn't hurt in any case .. Good luck.
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
It sounds like it's associated with your sweating; could be just irritation type reaction. I do find that's a strange answer you got from your Dr. though. If this continues and you don't get a satisfactory answer from your regular Dr. then I suggest that you consider seeing a Dermatologist. You might try some type of over the counter ointment on the area as a sort of protection from the persperation. Something like what is used for babies to protect their skin from wetness ... A & D ointment or something similar. Worth a try and it couldn't hurt in any case .. Good luck.
Blank
hi- that sounds like a great idea for help and i am still looking to see if there is a cause other than sweating and iritation. it is the nipples tips turning white is what scares me and when the pain starts to decrease the pink starts to come back to them until it turns completely pink.
thanks again hammer
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
One thing to keep in mind is ..... cancer RARELY occurs in both breasts at the same time. Irritants though certainly can. Take care ....
Blank
thanks for taking the time to respond
hammer
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979