burning sensation in breast
I have a burning sensation in my left breast. Any reasons for this?
Mastalgia (breast pain) is the most common breast-related complaint and rarely an indication of breast cancer. Most of these complaints are cyclic in nature. Cyclic pain usually is normal in menstruating women or in postmenopausal women on hormone replacement therapy.
For some women breast pain remains unclear, and unfortunately no satisfactory treatment exists to completely eliminate it.
Non-cyclic pain tends to be unilateral and described as localized, sharp, throbbing, stabbing, or burning.
Some women may find some relief by using oil of primrose (3 grams a day)and the elimination of caffeine, chocolate or salt from the diet.Also massaging the breast and applying warm or cold compresses could lessen the pain.
A visit to your doctor would be a good idea though to find out if there isn't an underlying problem that needs to be investigated.
Best wishes...
Zouzi gave you some very good information. Here's a web site about breast pain that also has some additional information:http://www.imaginis.com/breast-health/breast-pain.

I hope it helps and agree that an evaluation by a physician would be most helpful in
answering your concerns.
Hope you get resolution to your problem and wishing you all the best,
nc
I have had a small burning spot in my left breast for years. It comes and goes. Obviously, after so much time, it cannot be breast cancer. I have often wondered if it is nerve pain.
The sensation of burning in the breast is usually a neurological problem, as in a 'nerve problem'.

This often happens in patients after they had a mastectomy or lumpectomy, as nerves have been cut. This symptom is usually temporary but hurts, i know.

In your case, and I assume you have no history of surgery, I know that burning of a breast can be related to problems in other body parts and having nothing to do directly with the breast.

I also recommend as the other posters that you take this problem to a physician, preferably a gynecologist.

Katrin
Thank you. This was my first question ever asked. I appreciate your feedback (Warm smile)