calcification clusters found in my breast
I just got the news that I need a biopsy for the calcium clusters found in my right breast.  When I was 13 years old I had to have large hanging cyst removed from my right arm pit.  This cluster is very close to the scar under my arm.  The doctor's back then, (1968) said that I was growing an extra mammary gland.  Could this possible by a cause for the cluster?  There is no history of breast cancer in my family.

This discussion is related to breast discharge.
Breast calcifications are benign in most cases and malignant only rarely.But all calcifications that look suspicious,should be investigated for a confirmed diagnosis so that malignancy can be ruled out.
Calcifications that grow in a cluster are suspicious because they sometimes cluster around a mass,so it is standard procedure in most cases to biopsy the area.To answer your question if the calcification have formed due to past surgery when you were a teenager,I would say that it could be a possibility,but I can't be sure.
Keep in mind though,that very often biopsies done on clustered calcifications return a benign finding and I hope that your biopsy results will state the same.
Best wishes and good luck.