Breast Cancer Community
calcification clusters

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

calcification clusters

My dr.'s office is presently scheduling a biopsy for my left breast for "cluster calcifications".  In reading the info so far, I've found that the calcifications represent changes in the breast tissue to "something" in the breast - what is/are the something(s) in the breast that cause them & can they be prevented?  If so, how?  I've also read that the possibility of them being cancerous is relatively small, but as you all probably know, anytime your dr. schedules a biopsy of your breast(s), it's a very scary thing!
1 Comment
Hi pasgal,this morning I received an email from a very dear friend of mine telling me that she had received the result of her biopsy that was done for exactly the same "cluster calcifications" as yourself.The report stated BENIGN. So,please don't panic and know that a very high percentage of biopsies are found to be OK.I really don't know what causes these calcifications or how to prevent it...I know that it's so hard to be told that we need to have a biopsy done,nevertheless that's the only way to know for sure what's going on.Be positive and I hope that soon you will hear the magic word BENIGN !!! Best wishes and God Bless.