Breast Cancer Community
can breast cancer met to the knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

can breast cancer met to the knee

I was diagnosed in Sep 06 with ILC, after a bilat mastectomy and 8 rounds of chemo, which ended in July 07, I have had joint pain in my left knee and severe pain if I put any weight on it such as kneeling. There has been no injury to the knee and its been a steady problem for about 8 weeks now... should I be concerned??
1 Comment
I would be concerned about it if it were my knee and a visit to an Orthopaedic Physician would be a good move. Breast Cancer does metastisize to bone but it's usually the spine that's involved or hip. Some sort of radiological investigation should be done if the pain has been present for that length of time. Please have this ck.d out; knees do wear out you know.  Regards .....
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, side effects of taxitier was started.