cancer decision
Hi. Breast Cancer runs deep on both sides of my family. it did not even skip a generation. so i was wondering. would it be clever to have a double mastectomy? but im only 21 and really want children(breastfeeding).

What should i do?
I'm not sure what you mean by "runs deep" ... are they first degree relatives or others ?? By first degree I'm referring to "mother", "sister". At your young age plus the fact that you desire children I wouldn't be jumping the gun so soon. Have you or your Mother been tested for the BC gene ?? If not then before any such drastic decision you should have some genetic testing done. Of course the only issue here would be breast feeding and even though that is very desirable, it isn't by any means necessary. Sorry if it seems that I've ask more questions that you but certainly more information would be needed to even guess at a recommendation for this procedure at your age.  Regards ....
I went through genetic counseling and testing. I am seeing a genetic breast specialist next. There are other options besides double mastectomies right away.

Alex