Breast Cancer Community
care

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

care

had d double mas,and rec, look like frienkiens  daughter
I have responded in your other thread to this and your previous post.
Let's keep the converstaion going there, okay? Click below to get to that thread:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/just-someone-/show/1678242

Hi there.  I'm here to help.  Just so you know that I can relate, I'll tell you a bit about myself.  In late 2009 I was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a mastectomy, found out that my tiny tumor was Her-2 positive and decided to have chemo to reduce the chances of cancer coming back.  Had 4 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin and a year of Herceptin, entered a drug study taking Zometa, (to prevent cancer from coming back as bone cancer), had a second, elective mastectomy, decided against reconstruction, and am actively and happily living life with a flat chest (no prostheses.)

I have daily struggles with peripheral neuropathy, but am so glad to be alive and able to do most everything that I want to do.

So, enough about me.  I see that you've had a double mastectomy and reconstruction and that you are troubled by the incisions.  I can tell you that my incisions healed to thin pink lines in a little under a year after each mastectomy.  I look like I have a lumpy (I am overweight - sigh.) blank chest. With time you will have a lot of healing.  When you are more healed and have an idea how everything will end up looking, you'll be very relieved.  Right now, you have gone through huge shocks to your body, your mind and your spirit.  You need to adapt to a body healing after some big surgery, a new body image, having had cancer touch your life and so much more.  You are the same person that you always were and you are still here.   I am thinking of you and praying for you.  Please feel free to comment back; I'll be here for you.