Breast Cancer Expert Forum
complex cyst

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

complex cyst

scared to the point of being sick and depressed--had mammo then dr wanted ultrasound--it came back with  "5 simple cysts on right breast and one complex cystic vesus solid entity which may in fact shadow"  I know when my father in law had lung cancer it also said it shadowed--so that word has me absolutely sick.  birad 4 and says suspicious abnormality-biopsy after aspiration is needed if aspiration is unsuccessful---do i have cancer?????
Dear tinaroy1428:  A complex cyst is a fluid filled structure that has septations (or walls). These septations can have solid appearing components.  Because of the solid aspects of the cyst, further investigation is generally warranted to further characterize the abnormality.  The only way to be certain about what this might be is to biopsy.  
Tell me more about the tests that you had done and the tests they want to do for you...I have had breast cancer 2 times and might be able to tell you info.
he there--the ultrsound impresion reads  "indeterminate 6 mm complex cystic versus solid lerson in the five oclock of the left breast, 4 cm from the nipple,  I recommend attempted ultrasound cyst aspration and tissue sampling if cyst aspiration is unsuccesful.     the findings read  "In the lefrt breast complex cyst versus solid entity which does not demonstrate through transmission and may in fact shadow.. NO architectural distortion is seen to corroborate the mammorgraphic finding which is believed to be artifactual.     also i do have implants so is there a possiblity they can not see under the implant--i am freaked out----------------thanks for responding
In 06, I found a lump (felt like all the cysts I had before and thought it was a cyst) and had an ultrasound and mammogram.  Both tests showed my lump was solid.  Clear is good and solid can be good or bad.  I had a needle biopsy and the report said I did not have cancer.  A few weeks later I thougt that I should just have the lump removed.  The just removed the lump in the office.  10 days later I had cancer.  The biopsy was wrong.  I should have had a biospy guided ultrasound.

They will NOT be able to tell you if you have cancer until the lump itself is tested.  A MRI will come close to helping you know if the lump needs further testing - but the best is removal of the lump.  The ultrasound guided biospy is a good start but removing the lump would be best.

They should be able to see the lump from the implant.  Your best bet is to call your doctor and see what more they can do for you.  You need to take care of yourself!

Don't get too upset about this - I am sure you doctors are doing all they can to take care of you.  Just check to see if a MRI, PET or CT scan or removal of the lump is right for you.

Good luck!