Breast Cancer Expert Forum
complications of axillary disection
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

complications of axillary disection

I had segmental mastectmy, axillary disection, chemo & radiation, 12yrs ago.I am now having shoulder & arm pain. I had EMG done and was told I have nerve damage. Now they want me to have an MRI to show the nerves in my shoulder to rule out another tumor. Also, said it could be scar tissue from the radiation.  Is this normal? Could this be caused from the axillary disection causing scar tissue? I am in alot of pain and have lost strength is my hand and arm. Also, the upper part of my arm has swollen (lymphedema.)  Will this ever go away I am really getting down.