conflicting reports ER Postive and ER Negative
Recently had a breast biopsy and then a mastectomy, both pathology reports stated I was ER POSITIVE.   First oncologist visit did the Adjuvant Online tool which said hormonal therapy was the best benefit with only a 2% benefit of having chemo.  He did suggest I might want to have the Oncotype DX test which I did.   Oncotype DX results indicate I am ER NEGATIVE and now chemo is my only option.   What do you believe?  Has anyone experienced this before?  
I'm not quite sure why the conflicting ER reports. Unless you had positive lymph nodes I would think the 2% benefit would not change just because the ER was different. It would only mean that you would derive any benefit from Hormone Therapy. I would ask if either the Path. or Onco be re-checked to be sure about the + vs - for Estrogen so that you would not skip the benefit from Tamoxifen. I would feel more comfortable if there was some agreement. Keep us posted if you get any additional information.  Regards ....