confused
I found out that i have calcifications in my right breast.  they wated me to have a needle biopsy done, but they can not do it because i am to small.  so i am seeing a sergant thursday to see if  he is going to do sergery to see if it is cancer. but i think hes going to have me waite 6 months then have  another mammogram . but not sure if i schould waite since there is family history in my family. i had a cunsin die last year with breast cancer stage 4 and my moms youngest sister has breast cancer stage 4 now. so i am confuse wheather i should waite the 6 months or have the sergery.

This discussion is related to Calcification and breast cancer risk.
I don't know why you think that there will be a 6 month wait before you have a biopsy. I doubt that very much .... although someone may have told you that. It is quite common that a needle biopsy can't be done if a person has small breasts. A surgical or open biopsy is usually the procedure in such cases. Since it's microcalcifications and not an actual lump that will be biopsied there may be a wire localization procedure done before you have the surgery. A very fine wire is inserted in the X-ray Dept. to locate the exact area containing the calcifications. Please remember that all microcalcifications don't necessarily mean cancer. Regards .....
Japdip is right, I had similar situation - calcifications, and just done the wire localization surgical biopsy, so did some other ladies.  You may check with your Dr and go for a surgeon consultation.  Please search in this Forum, you will find a lot of useful and helpful information, and you will have much better understanding of the procedure.  Good luck!

I am now still waiting for my pathology report.  After I get my report I will write more about my experience of wire localization and surgery.
Nearly a year and a half ago I went to my doctor because I could feel something in my right breast. He examined me and said I had fibrocystic breast and was OK. I also told him that my right breast was significantly larger than my left and that it had seemed to have grown. He said this too was normal.  I didn’t have a mammogram – he said I didn’t need one. Today, I had a chest x-ray for something completely unrelated and was told I have a large calcification in my right breast and should have a mammogram as soon as possible. I’ve read that you can’t feel these calcifications, but I can feel it. I can’t help but feel a little worried.