Breast Cancer Community
confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

confused

I found out that i have calcifications in my right breast.  they wated me to have a needle biopsy done, but they can not do it because i am to small.  so i am seeing a sergant thursday to see if  he is going to do sergery (surgery) to see if it is cancer. but i think hes going to have me waite 6 months then have  another mammogram . but not sure if i schould waite since there is family history in my family. i had a cunsin die last year with breast cancer stage 4 and my moms youngest sister has breast cancer stage 4 now. so i am confuse wheather i should waite the 6 months or have the sergery (surgery).

This discussion is related to Calcification and breast cancer risk.
I don't know why you think that there will be a 6 month wait before you have a biopsy. I doubt that very much .... although someone may have told you that. It is quite common that a needle biopsy can't be done if a person has small breasts. A surgical or open biopsy is usually the procedure in such cases. Since it's microcalcifications and not an actual lump that will be biopsied there may be a wire localization procedure done before you have the surgery. A very fine wire is inserted in the X-ray Dept. to locate the exact area containing the calcifications. Please remember that all microcalcifications don't necessarily mean cancer. Regards .....
Japdip is right, I had similar situation - calcifications, and just done the wire localization surgical biopsy, so did some other ladies.  You may check with your Dr and go for a surgeon consultation.  Please search in this Forum, you will find a lot of useful and helpful information, and you will have much better understanding of the procedure.  Good luck!

I am now still waiting for my pathology report.  After I get my report I will write more about my experience of wire localization and surgery.
Nearly a year and a half ago I went to my doctor because I could feel something in my right breast. He examined me and said I had fibrocystic breast and was OK. I also told him that my right breast was significantly larger than my left and that it had seemed to have grown. He said this too was normal.  I didn’t have a mammogram – he said I didn’t need one. Today, I had a chest x-ray for something completely unrelated and was told I have a large calcification in my right breast and should have a mammogram as soon as possible. I’ve read that you can’t feel these calcifications, but I can feel it. I can’t help but feel a little worried.