consultation
Hi I had a sterotactic biopsy last week and thank goodness I got negative results!!  My question is why do I need a consultation? Are they just checking to see how I'm healing?

This discussion is related to Biopsy followup?.
Well, my best guess would be that your doctor needs to see you perhaps to schedule future screening,or it is possible that although your biopsy results are benign,the pathologist has found an increased accumulation of abnormal cells(Atypical hyperplasia) in the tissue that was biopsied.
This condition is NOT cancer,but it could be a forerunner to the development of breast cancer in the future.
For this reason,some doctors recommend more frequent breast cancer screening and careful consideration of medications and other strategies to reduce breast cancer risk,while others might recommend removing completely the area of concern.
Best wishes..
I am scheuled for the same biopsy next week and was told I will have a follow up visit a week after that to check the site to see if it;s healing right. I had one 3 years ago and had to do the same at that time. The last one was for microcalcifations and was fine. Now this one is for the same thing same breast different spot. I am hoping I will have the same good results this time.
Did your biopsy go smoothly?
Yes it was a little uncomfortable to lie still on mu stomach foe the test but, was not painful or unbearable. It took about 20-25 minutes. Having another one on Tuesday and all worrird again hoping for same good results as last one..
Hi had my biopsy on Tuesday this one was the same as llast not bad at all. Got my results on Thursday and it was also good results. best wishes to you.
Great news!  It's a great feeling when you get the good news huh? This was only my 2nd mammo, was told I don't have to have another for a year. Hopefully all will be well on that one. Untill then, gonna enjoy life!!