Breast Cancer Community
cyst lump versus cancer lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

cyst lump versus cancer lump

I would like to know if you can feel and see a cyst in the breast.  Also are cysts fixed like breast cancer lumps or are they movable like lymphnodes?

This discussion is related to breast cysts.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi ma’am,

How are you? A breast cyst appears as a lump on the breast,  is often painful and may be worrisome but is generally benign. Signs and symptoms of breast cysts include: smooth, easily movable round or oval breast lump with distinct edges and pain or tenderness in the area of the lump. The pain and swelling is usually worse in the second half of the menstrual cycle or during pregnancy.The cystic nature of a breast lump can be confirmed by ultrasound examination. Ultrasound can also show if the cyst contains solid nodules, a sign that the lesion may be pre-cancerous or cancerous. Examination of the fluid aspirated from the cyst may also help with this diagnosis.

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.
Hello, I am 26 and I have been experiencing dull, generalized ache in my left breast since past 4-5 months. Since last month I have sharp pain the lower quandrant of my left breast. My breasts are glandural but cannot feel any lumps neither did my PCP 3months ago. My nipple tissue hurts as well. Should I get an ultrasound done to rule out cysts? I have no family history but the pain is making me anxious. Please help me.  Thanks, Sami
You will be more likely to get replies if you start a new thread of your own.

When you tack a question on to the end of  an old thread, it is easy for it to be overlooked, as people may assume you are just adding an additional reply to the original question.
Thanks dear