Breast Cancer Community
cytology report indicates cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

cytology report indicates cancer

I was sent for biopsy after my 'baseline' mammogram (I'm 40), and the radiologist has indicated that the cytology report indicates cancer, but the pathology report is not yet available, even though it's been 5 days (UGH!).  What is the likelihood that I have cancer? No family history, but suspicious cluster of calcifications was what precipitated the biopsy.  Thank you, the waiting is, well, killing me.  
1 Comment
The wait is terrible, I know.  You really just want the answer there and then.  Should should have the result any day now.  I was diagnoised by BC last year aged 39 with no family history, so BC is possible.  However, you do not know yet so there is still a chance it will be benign.  On the positive side, if it is BC, then you have been caught really, really early and the prognosis will be good.  Let us know how you get on and best of luck