dcis
i was dx with high grade dcis comedo type. from 1st biospy. after partial mastectomy. post surgery pathology came back all benign.only fat necrosis ( calcifications). were found. dr. stated that maybe 1st sterotactic biopsy got all of the dcis calcifications. but i know for sure that they did not. after sterotactic biospy. dr done a repeat mammogram. and showed me that i still had some. strange. now 3 weeks later lab is doing a dna on my tissue. can anyone here explain any of this to me. my dr.is giving me the run a around. thank you rasquel
I was going to post but then ran away because I was scared I would get the information wrong.  I've forgotten a lot of the technical stuff but could try giving you a brief overview.

dcis is precancerous.  It is considered stage 0.  High grade is the highest grade one can be given for this type of cancer.  It can also indicate that the cancer is close to becoming invasive (moving outside of the breast duct and invading other breast tissue).
The commando type has to do with how the cells are arranged.

A benign pathology result is good.  I forget what fat necrosis is now.  Dead tissue.

Stereotactic biopsies are sometimes considered therapeutic as well as diagnostic.  In some cases the biopsies can remove most of the microcalcifications.

If the repeat mammogram showed microcalcifications and the doctor reported this then one would expect it to be fairly accurate.  I expect the doctor would know what he was looking at.

I am not sure why they are dna testing your tissue.
I expect because there is conflicting information they may be questioning whether tissue samples have been mixed.  DNA could confirm it is your sample and not someone else's.
I could be wrong.  It could be used for some other purpose altogether.  Hormone receptors, etc??  That doesn't sound right.

It sounds like your doctor could be running around them-self.

You have a right to have your questions answered and in a respectful and appropriate manner.

J