debris found
I am 44 yo  with very dense breasts, I had a mammogram done followed by an ultrasound. the radiologist  noted numerous cysts that he was not concerned about except for one  that he said had debris in it and I would need a follow up ultrasound in February. I asked about  a biopsy and /or aspirating the  debris but he said that since it was smaller than 1 cm and located towards my sternum it would be very painful and recommended the follow up Ultrasound in February.  I have a family history of breast cancer in my family,  What is  this ' debris ?

Cysts are mostly benign and need an aspiration only when they are large or painful. Usually a regular follow up with clinical evaluation and repeat scan and USG is the management protocol. Complex cysts can be filled with debris and may sometimes require aspiration to confirm that they are indeed benign cysts. If your physician and radiologist think that this is more likely a benign lesion they would advise a repeat scan in a few months time to see for changes and then decide the treatment plan. You still nedd to discuss your fears with your doctor, more so in the light that you have a family history of breast cancer, the options you have. The location of the cyst you mention would make aspiration difficult. Goodluck.
My mother had breast cancer and her sister died of pancrease cancer, I have very dense and cyst filled breast, I found a very large lump and the Doc didn't think it felt like a cyst, had a mammogram and ultrasound which again said it was a cyst with debris, also have had fluid leaking from this same breast before.  I have heard of people with both test done and always told these were constantly told they were just cyst but after demanding a biopsy, came back cancer and they died. I have aske for a biopsy before having these two test and Doc said surgeon would want these two test first, but since they think it is a cyst, I'm sure he will not do a biopsy, since the radiologist said I have so many cyst I would be a pin cushion.  He also said I have the most dense breast he has ever seen on the mammogram.  Am I right in still insisting on a biopsy of the largest cyst that I had tested?