Breast Cancer Community
difference between stages and grades

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

difference between stages and grades

I was just told that I have breast cancer and in the uncertainty of the conversation , I was told it was level III. What i do not know is can a biopsy tell the grade or the stage. I am getting different information from what i am reading. Anyone one that might know ?
The level III is probably the grade.  Stage cannot be determined by a biopsy.  In order to establish stage there has to be examination of the lymph nodes and MRI or CT scan to determine if the cancer is limited to the breast or has spread to the lymph nodes and/or other parts of the body.
Thank you so much  I just needed something to hold on too until monday